Apshalt Mixing Plant Burner Types
Burner is used to provide heat for drying system in the asphalt mixing plant through fuel combustion and its operation cost is an important part in the total costs. Its performance has direct impact on finished asphalt temperature and state, production capacity and cost of asphalt mixing plant.
There are many types of burners to match with your asphalt plant and the burnercan be classified according to the fuel into light oil burner, heavy oil burner, pulverized coal burner, gas burner, water coal-gas burner and hybrid burner.
(1) Light oil burner (diesel burner) : It mainly uses diesel as main fuel and can ignite automatically. The flame is stable and its size is adjustable. The main feature is that wind-oil ration can be fully adjusted and temperature can be automatically detected and controlled by the control system. It is widely used in various small boilers and drying equipment, or used in boiler of large power station as auxiliary fuel burner. Its disadvantage is that light oil price is higher, the production cost is higher.
(2) Heavy oil burner: heavy oil, residual or recycled oil as fuel, its cost is lower than diesel, have the same calorific value as diesel combustion. The raw material cost can greatly reduced and conform to the requirements in Chinese environmental protection. The disadvantage is that the viscosity of heavy oil is bigger, it must be heated to enhance its liquidity. This product has high sulfur content, it will increase the dust cleaning, which lead a shorter working life of the dust collect system.
(3) Pulverized coal burner: Its main fuel is coal and its advantage is low raw materials cost, but its calorific value is low, flame is unstable, temperature is difficult to control, the burnt ash easily enter into the drum dryer. The coal quality required may vary on manufacturers, but there are still some strict rules on fineness, calorific value, and volatile content etc. The coal burner is generally consisting of coal pulverizer, oil gun and burner. Due to low price, low running cost, and convenient maintenance, it is more accepted by contractors in recent years. Many manufacturers started to redesign the drum dryer structure for coal burner with an aim to reduce the cost. The disadvantage is its high demand on coal quality. Unqualified coal powder is hard to ignite and sometimes need oil to assist combustion which leads to incomplete combustion and air pollution as well as delayed material temperature control.
(4) Gas burner: Its fuels are natural gas and all kinds of coal gas. The fuel can burn completely with less pollutants after combustion. However it is only used such places that is rich in natural gas or close to the natural gas pipeline.
(5) Water gas burner: It uses coal slurry as fuel. Coal slurry is a new type liquidified fuels featuring in high combustion efficiency, low nitrogen oxides emission, and economy. Currently it is in the stage of trial operation. Due to its outstanding features, it will have a bright future.
(6) Hybrid burner: It is popular between users due to its multi-fuel choices. Oil-gas burner can use light oil, heavy oil and coal gas, and coal-oil burner can use light oil, heavy oil and coal. A hybrid burner costs two times of a single fuel burner, but can be used as 2~3 single fuel burners. Once the construction site is confirmed, the users can choose a better burner for their construction projects according to their available fuels.